Need help registering for Taylor Institute courses? Please review the information below.
How to register
This video will walk you through how to apply for a badge and register for a course at the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your UCID number is your unique University of Calgary Identification Number and is used within Destiny One as your user name.
When registering with Destiny One for the first time, you will be assigned a temporary user name which will allow you to complete your transaction. This temporary UCID will begin with an X followed by 5 numbers and can be used until you receive your University of Calgary identification (UCID). You will receive an eight (8) digit UCID number within two (2) business days of your initial setup.
IMPORTANT: If you are a University of Calgary student, faculty, staff member or an alumni, please register for a Destiny One account following the same steps as outlined above.
If you know your current UCID number, please email email@example.com noting that you have created a new Destiny One account and already have an existing UCID number.
To have your UCID or “X” ID number emailed to you:
- Either during course registration or within the Taylor Institute Login Page, click “Forgot UCID”
- You will be prompted to enter in the email address with which you originally registered
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with your UCID. If you have not yet been assigned a UCID, it will be your “X” User Name. This email will be sent to the address you entered during initial account creation
To reset your password:
- Either during course registration or within the Destiny One Taylor Institute Login Page, click on “Forgot Password”
- You will be prompted to enter in your UCID
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with your temporary password, this email will be sent to the address you entered during initial account creation
The Destiny One tool is used in multiple areas within the University of Calgary for Professional and Continuing Education learners; these include Taylor Institute, Social Work, CME&PD, Continuing Education and Conference and Event Services. Your account would provide you a view into any course or events you have registered through Destiny One within the University of Calgary.
When creating a Destiny One account, we will try to match up your Destiny One UCID to the one that you are using in other systems. If you have been assigned a UCID in Destiny One that is different from your current UCID, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your account.
Your Destiny One password is different from other University of Calgary systems. You will be prompted to create an account and password the first time you register for a Taylor Institute course using Destiny One.
University of Calgary Password Guidelines
- 8 characters long
- Contains a lower case letter
- Contains a upper case letter
- Contains a digit
- Contains a special character
- Does not contain " ' - $ / \ ` or space
- Cannot contain your user name, first name or last name
You will only need to create an account the first time you register for Taylor Institute courses. Once you have created an account, you can use the same UCID (user name) and password to register for subsequent courses.
Yes, please email email@example.com and provide us with the following:
- Destiny One UCID or Temporary “X” ID number
- Provide your existing UCID
- Contact information in case we need to contact you for confirmation purposes
If the UCID used to setup your D2L course is the same as your Destiny One UCID, you will be able to access your D2L courses through your https://d2l.ucalgary.ca or your Taylor Institute Destiny One account