Course Design Program Manual
This guide is used in the Course Design Program and will introduce a variety of concepts that are critical to designing a course and how to apply them directly to a course design.
Promoting Reflection and Resilience Through Course Design
We propose a model in which mental health and wellness are central aspects of course design for both students and instructors. Unlike a step-by-step course design model, this one is more holistic, with five categories of decisions to be made when planning the course structure.
- A Holistic, Learner-Centred Approach to Assessing Student Participation
- Alternative Assessment Strategies for Large Enrolment Classes
- Alternative Online Assessments
- Assessment Case Study - Assessing Students in Flipped Engineering Classrooms
- Assessment Case Study - Continuous Exercises in Computer Science
- Assessment Case Study - Learning Tools for Foundational Knowledge in Veterinary Medicine
- Assessment Case Study - Low Stakes Assessments in History
- Assessment Case Study - Multiple Means of Assessment in Physics
- Assessment Case Study - Providing Feedback Opportunities in Music
- Assessment Case Study - Student Generated Exams in Kinesiology